Gabriel the Robocall Blocker® Terms of Service
Last Updated: January 25, 2021
Your use of Gabriel® the robocall blocker services and related software and applications (“Robocall blocker” or the “Service“) is subject to the following terms of service (“Terms”). Our Terms form a legally binding agreement between you and Forward Edge-AI, Inc. (“Forward Edge-AI, “we” or “us“). By using the Service, you accept these Terms, which may be modified by us from time to time. By continuing to use the Service after we have notified you of changes to the Terms, you’re agreeing to accept those changes. We may also limit, suspend, terminate or discontinue your use of or access to the Service or certain features or functions of the Service, at any time without notice. By using the Service, you agree that you are 18 or older or your parent or guardian has consented to these Terms.
Eligibility; Device Requirements; and Limitations. The Service is currently available for Forward Edge-AI customers only and requires a compatible phone. Customers can enroll in the Service for a monthly charge. The Service uses Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Blockchain Distributed Ledger technologies and other techniques to identify and block nuisance calls and scams. The efficacy of certain features will vary depending on a number of factors related to the originating device, equipment, and technology used to create the scam or nuisance calls. The Service uses an adaptive classifier to continually evolve and adapt to new scams and nuisances.
Gabriel includes localizations based on federal law and the laws of US states and territories which may or may not allow blocking of certain types of calls. For example, in some US states, it is not permissible to block political calls and thus those calls will ring on your phone unless you block them manually.
The Gabriel Android version app requires accessibility access to analyze suspicious calls. Gabriel’s algorithms screen in-bound calls from UNKNOWN CALLERS only to determine scam and spam risks. Calls that are deemed safe are allowed to ring or are sent directly to your voicemail. UNKNOWN
Callers are caller IDs that are not listed in your safe contacts directory and also not listed in our global scam database.
Unsafe calls are blocked and not allowed to save a message to your Android device. In order for this to function properly, our algorithms analyze the first 10 seconds of the caller’s voice to determine if it a scam or a known scammer. This feature requires Android users to grant Gabriel full access to your phone to process in-coming calls.
Gabriel does not store or share safe call information, nor do we allow third party access to any data for any reason.
Gabriel includes an optional registration form requesting personally identifiable information. The information requested by this form is stored on your device and is not stored in a centralized database. For users who opt-in, Gabriel uses Robotic Process Automation (RPA) BOTs to automatically navigate and file complaints on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) complaint portals and that of your state. Gabriel’s BOTs automatically delete any personally identifiable information once the compliant filing task is performed. Any fines collected are shared with our users. Also, certain information is also used when redeeming points earned through eGyft.com for referring other customers; or playing the swarm game, but is otherwise not shared with any third party.
Completing the optional registration form is opt-in only and not required to use robocall blocking services. Your safe call information belongs to you and no one else.
Fees and Data Charges. You may be eligible for a free trial of Gabriel’s for a specific time period to which you may be auto-enrolled when you activate a new device. Should you choose to subscribe to Gabriel’s after the free trial ends, monthly charges apply.
- We collect the information you provide to us, about your use of our products and services and about your interactions with us. We also collect information about how our platform and your devices are working, including the location of your wireless devices which is needed to determine which laws apply to the blocking algorithms.
- We use the information to provide you with services and enhance your experiences with us. This includes delivering and maintaining your products, services, and your account and billing records; developing new products and services; personalizing your experiences; and filing complaints on your behalf.
- We share information within Forward Edge-AI, Inc. What you consider to be nuisance calls or scams is shared on a decentralized blockchain within the network to block calls to others. We do not centrally store, collect, sell or share your whitelisted calls or contacts information.
- We do not collect, sell or share information that individually identifies you outside of Forward Edge-AI, Inc., except if you opt-in below and authorize us to share your information with attorneys selected by Forward Edge-AI, Inc. for the purpose of investigating and prosecuting potential lawsuits against robocall and text scammers. Any information shared with legal counsel will be done on a confidential basis.
- We do not share certain non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
- Forward Edge-AI does not have programs that allow other companies to use information about you. You have choices about how Forward Edge-AI, Inc. reaches you with marketing and whether certain types of information may be shared within Forward Edge-AI, Inc. for marketing purposes. You also have choices about other uses of your information, such for verification purposes, and for certain uses of device information. Personal information such as user emails and phone numbers are used for filing complaints against robocall and text scammers only. This information is optional and does not impact the performance of the robocall blocker if not provided. Except if not provided Forward Edge will not be able to file complaints on your behalf.
- We have a variety of safeguards in place to help protect your information against unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We provide methods for you to access, review and update your account information. You may have additional rights under the Cable Act and state laws, including California and Nevada privacy laws.